Pearl is the global leader in AI solutions for the dental market. For dental offices and groups, Pearl delivers a full suite of patented image analysis tools that power better oral health and financial outcomes. Our work culture is collaborative and rewarding for self-driven, dynamic individuals keen to advance disruptive solutions revolutionizing a multi-billion dollar industry. Backed by top-tier venture capital partners, led by an executive team with deep industry experience and a proven record deploying AI solutions at scale, Pearl is a rapidly scaling SaaS business with a commanding hold on the growing worldwide market for dental AI.
We are seeking a Senior Clinical Director to lead interdepartmental clinical operations, supervise clinical machine learning system development and provide strategic leadership to advancing the performance and product-market fit of Pearl’s dental AI solutions. This is a role for a high-performing DDS or DMD with exacting clinical and radiologic perception, significant patient-facing clinical experience, comprehensive understanding of business operations across solo, group and DSO dental practice ownership models, and a proven ability effectively and collaboratively bridge clinical and commercial objectives to achieve goals for innovation and growth. The best candidates will be success-oriented, highly technologically literate, exceptional communicators, who identify problems proactively, tackle them enthusiastically and solve them with a measured balance of creativity and analytical rigor.
- Oversee training and development of radiologic machine learning capabilities to maximize the accuracy and utility of Pearl’s clinical AI featureset.
- Conceive, assist in prioritization and contribute to development of new products and features.
- Develop both strategic vision and tactical roadmap for development of clinical AI capabilities to achieve maximal product-market fit, aligned with Pearl’s goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular audits, reviews, and assessments to monitor and evaluate the quality, performance and utility of Pearl’s AI capabilities, feature sets and UX/UI, ensuring that the company’s solutions maintain the highest standards.
- Develop and implement quality improvement initiatives to enhance product performance, customer satisfaction, and overall user experience.
- Provide sure-handed clinical leadership and guidance to all Pearl team members with the goal of establishing company-wide clinical literacy.
- Establish and enforce policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain the clinical correctness of all public-facing communications, including marketing content, sales outreach, and training materials.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in dental technology, research, and treatments, and incorporate them into the organization as appropriate.
- Serve as a clinical authority, category expert and corporate spokesperson, serving Pearl’s public relations, marketing, sales and customer success programs.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from an accredited institution
- 8+ years prior successful patient-facing clinical experience, preferably in a leadership, managerial or practice ownership role
- 2+ years prior management-level experience at a dental technology company, DSO or equivalent dental industry enterprise
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of dental practice management & business operations
- In-depth knowledge of the latest dental technologies, innovations, and trends
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements and quality assurance standards
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Desire to contribute expertise to achieve excellence and innovation across every department, including engineering, product, marketing, customer success and sales.
- Ability to travel up to 15% per month, if needed.
- Dental Service Organization (DSO) experience/expertise
- Public speaking experience (on-stage & virtual)
- Authorship of peer-reviewed clinical articles, studies, etc.
- Existing relationships with universities and trade organizations
- Marketing & sales content creation experience
- Media training
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock options
- Fun and fast-paced work environment
- Talented, energetic teammates