Pearl is the global leader in AI solutions for the dental market. For dental offices and groups, Pearl delivers a full suite of patented image analysis tools that power better oral health and financial outcomes. Our work culture is collaborative and rewarding for self-driven, dynamic individuals keen to advance disruptive solutions revolutionizing a multi-billion dollar industry. Backed by top-tier venture capital partners, led by an executive team with deep industry experience and a proven record deploying AI solutions at scale, Pearl is a rapidly scaling SaaS business with a commanding hold on the growing worldwide market for dental AI.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Head of Finance who will be responsible for developing and directing the company’s analytical, financial planning, budgeting, and finance-related policies. The Head of Finance will also report on metrics to optimize our growth by understanding where efficiencies exist to maximize scalability throughout the year. The role’s responsibilities include overseeing accounting operations, gathering and analyzing financial data, and preparing financial reports. Ultimately, you will work directly with executive leadership and department heads across our organization to ensure that our operations remain on track to hit our revenue and growth goals.
- Prepare timely and accurate analyses, summaries, forecasts, and reports of financial data on the company’s operating progress
- Create a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting structure that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operational needs
- Routinely review revenue cycle metrics to identify and address issues affecting overall performance proactively
- Partner with senior leaders to establish and enforce departmental budgets and ensure the company hits revenue targets
- Establish financial operations and guidelines for each company department
- Identify inefficiencies in company systems and advise on solutions for more efficient resource deployment
- Supervise financial aspects of partnerships and other business deals that may affect profits
- Establish a resilient revenue collection process and implement effective policies
- 7-10+ years of experience as a VP of Finance or similar role in a start-up environment
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance, and other regulatory matters
- Strength in market research and financial modeling to help define strategic focus and mitigate financial risk while maximizing growth
- Adept in fiscal management principles and processes, including resource management and needs assessment
- Partner with CEO, Chief Operating Officer, and EVP of Revenue to establish and track budgets and revenue goals
- Collaborate with CEO in support of fundraising activities
- Possesses critical knowledge of federal and multiple state tax laws as well as basic accounting issues
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field.
- Los Angeles preferred, but not required
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock options
- Fun and fast-paced work environment
- Talented, energetic teammates